Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's in the future?

I haven't had much time to work on iTunes DSM this week. I've had exams and projects due, but every now and then I'll open up iTunes DSM and work on it. I've been cleaning up code, and adding documentation. I've also been exploring what I want to add next. I've got a couple of ideas.
  1. It would be handy to check the folder for files that have not been added to the iTunes library yet, so maybe some kind of folder watching mechanism. The folder watching mechanism will require some addition code but I do not think it will be difficult to implement.
  2. The options a user is able to choose from is increasing exponentially every time I add components so a better way to handle all the multitudes of operations is going to be needed.
  3. The GUI looks lame.
  4. The default JFileChooser object used on Mac operating systems also looks lame.
I have plenty of options to choose from and like most projects, it is usually new features that are added first before GUI updates are done. I'm almost trying to make this project my capstone project rather than my Instant Messaging application I was developing. It's been a while since I have worked on that and I'm simply not interested in it. The goal was to create something anyone could setup but it's just not viable with all the other instant messaging applications out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment